Wise men still seek Him not through study or intellectual knowledge, but in the depth, silence and peace of their own hearts. Dear and sweet Lord, in this new year filled with new distractions please help us to choose Your Peace over the chaos.
Your peace you have freely given, but in our helplessness we still haven’t chosen it. Please take our hands and lead us to choose Your Peace!
- Teach me Lord to praise You as the trees do, with their arms stretched wide day and night in praise of You.
- Teach me Lord to be as flexible and changeable as the clouds as they move and change day and night guided by Your will.
- Teach me Lord to be as humble as a grain of sand that knows without it’s presence the dessert or the beach is not greatly changed, but is wise enough to know that it’s presence is required for the dessert or the beach to be complete in Your plan.
- Teach me Lord to be as reflective as all the waters of the earth so that I might reflect Your majesty back to You.
Thank You Lord for all of the ways you teach us!
I was cleaning some raspberries this afternoon that I had left in the refrigerator 2 days too long. As I was cleaning them I had to throw away parts of some that had gone bad, but in the end all of them had at least one bead of fruit that was still good.
While I was doing this I was thinking about a documentary I watched last night that discussed the wicked and quoted Daniel 12:10, “… None of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand”.
I started wondering who is wicked?
The definitions I found for wicked are below
- Evil by nature and in practice
- Evil or morally bad in principle or practice
If someone is considered to be wicked or evil, but this person does not know better due to abuse, neglect, a lack of education, a terrible upbringing can we still consider this person to be wicked or evil? I think their acts can be considered evil and wicked, but are they really evil to the core?
What if I had experienced the same abuse, neglect, difficult upbringing and poor or lack of education? Maybe I would be doing even worse things than the person who did experience this childhood? Maybe I wasn’t exposed to this because the potential I had for acts of evil was even greater than the person who was exposed to this in reality? Maybe I would have been lost forever?
I don’t believe that anyone is wicked or evil to the core. I believe we all still have at least one bead of good still inside. I think Jesus wants ALL of us, down to the very last good bead!
I think Jesus may be protecting those with a weakness for performing wicked and evil acts through ignorance. This puts a very heavy burden on those who are given knowledge and understanding.
Jesus please help us to see the beads of good in everyone, and help us to use any knowledge and understanding that you have blessed us with ONLY for Your Glory and Your Good!